The Diversity Student Summit LIVE
WHAT IS THE SUMMIT?
The Diversity Student Summit is a premier student diversity conference built with one purpose in mind – to mobilize students and staff to be innovative in creating and sustaining more inclusive campus communities. This one-of-a-kind high energy/high impact day will dramatically increase the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be effective leaders. Join the thousands who have attended and have distinguished themselves as Allies in Action.
*These are exclusive to students and staff of these institutions
March 22, 2014 Virginia Tech*
October 26, 2013 Bentley University
February 23, 2013 Florida Gulf Coast University
October 27, 2012 State University of New York Institute of Technology
October 13, 2012 Texas A&M*
March 3, 2012 University of Rhode Island
February 1, 2012 University of Illinois *
November 12, 2011 Texas A&M*
September 10, 2011 Kansas State University *
March 5, 2011 Westfield State University
October 23, 2010 Kutztown University
10 REASONS TO ATTEND THE SUMMIT
1. Edu-tainment–Education in an Entertaining manner. Today’s students need a more interactive and engaging format to capture and keep their attention.
2. Comprehensive Resource & Activity Guide. Students want practical and effective tools to assist them in reaching out to their peers. Attendees receive a complete guide of activities, exercises and resources to immediately implement when they return to campus.
3. Students will dramatically increase their levels of diversity knowledge and skills to be more effective campus leaders.
4. Students will be equipped with the necessary skills employers expect in a competitive job market.
5. The Diversity Student Summit is a student-focused event that addresses many facets of diversity, not just one issue.
6. Spend the day learning from one of the nation’s leading diversity speakers on college campuses today, Dr. Maura Cullen. * See below for more information on Dr. Cullen.
7. Free subscription to our monthly Diversity Speaker Newsletter. Receive information that will keep you current on today’s diversity related issues.
8. Prizes, Music & Fun! The Summit is a positive, high energy and high impact learning environment that will leave you inspired to empower others.
9. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be included on your resume.
10. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! If you do not find value in the experience we will return the price of your registration.
Hurry, Seats Are Limited
|8:00 – 9:00 am||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 – 9:15 am||Welcome|
|9:15 – 10:45||The Inclusive Community Connection|
|10:45 – 11:00||Break & Networking|
|11:00 – Noon||Mr. Fix-It & Friends|
|Noon – 1:30||Lunch|
|1:30 – 3:00||Becoming DiversitySmart: Building Diversity Competency & Skills|
|3:00 – 3:15||Break & Networking|
|3:15 – 4:00||Action Plans/Q&A|
|4:00||Prizes & Give-Aways|
Dr. Maura Cullen is considered one of the foremost authorities on issues of diversity and leadership having worked with over 500 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada and Australia. Maura has been referred to as being the best there is at simplifying the complex issues of diversity.
Founder of the Diversity Student Summit
Author of 35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say: Surprising Things We Say That Widen The Diversity Gap
Doctorate in Social Justice and Diversity Education from the University of Massachusetts/Amherst
25+ years experience as a diversity trainer/speaker
Founding faculty of the Social Justice Training Institute
Higher Education Student Affairs Professional
ACPA Diamond Honoree
ACUHO-I S. Earl Thompson Award Recipient